Like many plus-size women, you might have concerns regarding your body and style. Sadly, the fashion world is about petite women, but things are gradually changing. Today, we have numerous brands and websites for plus-size clothing and accessories, and it is rather easy to shop. Instead of hiding the extra pounds, you should be more concerned about dressing right. In this post, we have nine tips for women on the plus side.
1. Don’t shop for trends blindly. Many girls pick up stuff from online stores and top brands because the idea was trending on the runway. It is more important to understand your body shape and size. Try to find styles that flatter the curves.
2. Don’t shop for black. There is no denying that black makes you look leaner, but there are so many other fresh colors and prints worth trying. Look for blues and greens, and in terms of prints, look for polka dots and vertical styles.
3. Don’t shy away from experimenting. Fashion is all about trying new things, and you should take a shot at the new ideas. Apart from options in casual dressing, you should also look for formal clothes with a difference.
4. Don’t stick to rules. There are no hard and fast rules of styling. One can create new looks by breaking the myths. If you have been wearing skirts for summer, try a few jumpsuits for a change. While inspiration is always welcome, it is best to create a personal style.
5. Don’t skip bright colors. Shopping for plus size clothing can be confusing because a lot of brands don’t stock bright shades. Pop colors are in vogue, and you don’t need to skip the idea for your size. Instead, the focus should be on the fit of the particular suit/dress.
6. Don’t wear the wrong size. Most women end up buying baggy clothes, often hoping to look leaner. With baggy and misfit clothes, you will only look messier. If you are shopping online, order two different sizes to find the right one. It is important to flaunt the curves in the right way.
7. Don’t miss trying on heels. High heels and stilettos can create an illusion of height, making you appear longer. Heels also have a thinning effect on the legs, which allows women to try skirts and smaller dresses. Look for slender heels instead of wedges!
8. Don’t forget accessories. Even if you don’t have the best of clothes, you can always jazz up the look with accessories. From statement neckpieces to dangle earrings, there are a whole lot of options. Styling with accessories doesn’t have to be expensive, with many options available online.
9. Don’t shop for cheap undergarments. A great dress will only look appealing when you wear the right lingerie underneath. Invest in some quality shapewear and bras to get the right fit, and if you have fat around the middle section, you can try tummy-tucking panties.
Start shopping now and save more!